The application process for any of our training programs is relatively simple yet can require several steps to be completed before admission into a program which can create confusion. To help you in this process the admissions team has created two extremely helpful tools to keep you on track and informed as you move forward towards completing your application.
A built-in feature of our database called App Trac allows you access to your initial student application as well as showing you what has been received and processed by the admission staff.
To log into App Trac go to http://www.vvti.org/index.php and click App Trac in the applicant section bottom right side of the page. You will need your student ID and the email address you used when you registered for this course.
More information regarding App Trac can be found under the Training section of this Knowledge Base.
The admissions team has created a detailed guide explaining each step of the application process from start to finish.
- Complete the VVTI application
- Go to http://www.vvti.org/index.php and click Apply
- Take the pre-entrance exam
- To register you must send an email to email@example.com with your full name and VVTI student ID number. (Please allow up to 2 weeks for your account to be created and registration confirmed).
- Once registered you will be notified of your username and password. You must pass the exam with a 70% of better. There are a total of 3 different tests. If you fail one, then you will be scheduled to take the 2nd, and then the 3rd. If you fail all 3 tests then you are not eligible to attend this training.
- Once you have been issued your username and password you can proceed to the test website (www.myvbtc.org/test) and begin your exam.
Please send via email or fax the following items (no documents are to be mailed):
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 877-788-1853
- VA Disability Rating Letter
- Vocational Rehab /Ch 31 Approval (1905) or Denial (VA Denial Letter)
- If you have not applied for VR&E benefits you can apply at:
- Once you have been assigned a counselor you will need to update your application within AppTrac with your counselor’s name, email address, and phone number.
- Tax Form 1099
- See PDF attached to the bottom of this page. This documentation is needed so we can provide you with a 1099 form to file your taxes if applicable.
AFTER EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE HAS BEEN COMPLETED YOU MAY PROCEED TO PART 2 OF THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To pass a technical screen you must complete a successful communications check, have qualifying hardware/software, and appropriate internet connectivity.
Submit a support ticket at: www.purpleheartservices.com/support
(be sure to type your email address correctly or you will not receive a reply!)
- Successful communications check
- ISP provider and appropriate connection type (know what ISP you have and what type of internet you have)
- 3.0 GHz or greater Intel Pentium AMD Processor (2.0GHz+ if a Core Duo or i3/i5/i7)
- Windows 7, Vista, or XP
- Microsoft Office 2007/2010 (must have Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- A current anti-virus application
- 2GB RAM or greater
- 150GB hard drive or larger
- USB/Ethernet ports
- DSL/Cable modem at 512kbps+ (hard wired directly to modem, no wireless connections)
- 128MB video card with screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater
- 17’ LCD monitor or larger
- Full duplex sound card with speakers
- .Audio 500USB, DSP-400USB, or CS50USB (no USB adaptors allowed).
- Currently, Plantronics are the only headsets we allow. You must have your headset prior to orientation of you will not be allowed to attend.
- The CS50USB is wireless and can be used in training only if a qualified wired backup headset is also acquired. Wireless headsets are frequently not allowed by employers due to security concerns. The convenience of being wireless for your headset typically does not justify the cost of this particular headset.
- You can purchase headsets at a discount rate here: http://www.headsetexperts.com/purpleheart.asp
- DVD/CDRW Drive
- Inkjet or laser printer 8ppm or higher
- Email address
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
Final Records Review
Completion of the items on the checklist does not guarantee you admission into one of our programs. Before any applicant is placed into a class, they will have a final records review and interview with a senior member of our staff.
On the web: www.VVTI.org
By telephone: (800) 274-9772
By e-mail: email@example.com
No visitor comments posted.